Our office understands the importance of protecting your personal health information. To help you understand how we are doing that, we have outlined below how our office is collecting, using and disclosing your personal health information.
This office will collect, use and disclose information about you for the following purposes:
- To assess your health needs and provide safe and efficient dental care.
- To enable us to contact and maintain communication with you to distribute health care information and to book and confirm appointments.
- To communicate with other treating health care providers, including other dentists, physicians, pharmacists and lab technicians.
- For teaching and demonstrating purposes on an anonymous basis.
- To complete and submit dental claims for third party adjudication and payment.
- To comply with legal and regulatory requirements.
- To deliver your charts and records to the dentist’s insurance carrier to enable the insurance company to assess liability and quantify damages, as necessary.
- To invoice for goods and services.
- To process credit card payments.
- To collect unpaid accounts.
Please note that any questions or concerns that you might have about your personal health information can be directed to Dr. Andy Shih at Komoka Family Dentistry.
Komoka Family Dentistry
9909 Glendon Drive, Unit 2, Komoka ON, N0L 1R0
Phone: (519) 694-2567
Any requests for access or correction to your personal health information should be directed, in writing, to Dr. Andy Shih.
If you are dissatisfied with the manner in which we have addressed your requests for access or correction to your personal health information or if you have general concerns about our privacy practices, you may contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Ontario by: SURFACE MAIL
Information and Privacy Commissioner/Ontario
2 Bloor Street East Suite 1400 Toronto, Ontario M4W 1A8
Long Distance: 1-800-387-0073 (within Ontario)
Thank you for your support and understanding in helping our office comply with all regulatory requirements and generally with the law.